Anand Krishna is doing hunger strike as a protest against the injustice law in Indonesia. This non violence action has entered the 13th day on Monday, March 21, 2011. The founder of Anand Ashram Foundation (affiliated with the United Nations) released a testimony on March 13, 2011.
This is the testimony from the father of 2 children:
1. There is a greater purpose than my detention. However, this violates the innocence presumption’s principle. Yet human rights and Indonesian basic law guaranteed the freedom of every citizen.
How can I be detained if so far I have never been absence in the court? I always cooperative eventhough my health condition is poor as known by the Prosecutor, High Attorney and the Judges. In contrary, those who have slandered me did not attend the court frequently.
2. The aim of my hunger strike is in order that the state and this nation can see clearly how the law and justice can be tricked by some people who have positions for the reason: “this is our authority”.
3. We need a total transformation and not just a legal reform.
4. I am disappointed with the judges and prosecutors with the system that does not run and still be able oppressed anybody.
5. I’m not angry, but once again I am disappointed. And this hunger strike is being done to correct those misbehaviors by upholding human rights and Justice.